Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Heart Of A Little Man

I love being a stay at home mom. I mean, I really love it. I love watching Elijah as he consistently learns new things. I love seeing his face light up when he knows he's done something that makes me happy. I love watching him explore and discover. This love brought me to today's blog. It's a little different than my usual post, but I wanted to share my heart with you.


Genesis 1:7 tells us that God has created us in His image. Since none of us can actually be God in His entirety, He has created each of us to play our separate roles. By looking at His creation as a whole, we get a glimpse of His depth. I love seeing the differences in men and women. I know many think I'm old fashioned, but I firmly believe that God created men for specific purposes and He created women for specific purposes and gave us certain characteristics that aid us for those purposes. For example, men always feel the need to provide for their families and to protect. Women feel the need to nurture and nest. This also plays into the whole men being logical and women being emotional deal. When we live out the calling that God has placed on our lives, it results in true beauty. In the book Created To Be His Help Meet, Debi Pearl so perfectly states that:


"If you are a wife, you were created to fill a need, and in that capacity you are a "good thing," a helper suited to the needs of a man. This is how God created you and it is your purpose for existing. You are, by nature, equipped in every way to be your man's helper. You are inferior to none as long as you function within your created nature, for no man can do your job, and no man is complete without his wife. You were created to make him complete, not to seek personal fulfillment parallel to him. A woman trying to function like a man is as ridiculous as a man trying to be like a woman. A unisex society is a senseless society - a society dangerously out of order."


I find so much joy in being a help meet to my husband and have been so blessed to be able to stay at home doing what I can to assist him in being the man God created him to be and raising our son to have the same beliefs. John Elderedge states that "In the heart of every man is a desperate desire for a battle to fight, an adventure to live, and a beauty to rescue," in his book Wild at Heart. In the days that I spend with my precious boy, I can already see these core desires taking root in his little heart and it makes me smile.


Being the loving mommy that I am, I of course want to give my son the desires of his heart, so today I made Elijah his own fort... an adventure to live:


He loved it!


Afterwards, we shared an ice cream sandwich...


It has been a good day.


1 comment:

  1. The icecream sandwich pictures really need to be framed! I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete