1. Answered prayer
2. My husband's inspiring work ethic
3. The special bond I have with my Mom and my Sister. I love them so much!
5. Living in the (somewhat) south... where they serve sweet tea in restaurants and most are against gun control. (I know... that was political. Gasp!)
6. Having people in my life that I can be ridiculously silly with.
7. Power tools
Mod Podge!!!, the little lemur king (Julian) from the Madagascar movies, peonies and hydrangeas, distressed anything (furniture, paper crafts, whatever...), my new kitchen shades, the song "Light A Roman Candle With Me" by fun. (yes, the period is part of their name), the word "uber", graph paper (is that weird?), the bike trail at Starkey Park.
What my heart is breaking for:
The hatred that has become overwhelmingly apparent to me that exists in the hearts of too many children. Knowing that such hatred doesn't generally stem from loving homes, but of homes filled with abuse or neglect, or homes where parents are filled with hatred themselves and are setting the example for their children to follow, grieves me tremendously. I see it in our neighborhood and in the local schools (I live right across the street from the high school my sister attends and an elementary school). It kills me to know that the lives they are living is all many of them have ever known. How many of them even realize that happiness isn't too far from reach and peaceful lifestyles can be obtained? How many of them have never known what real, unconditional love is?
"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." -Galatians 6:9
Things I'm looking forward to:
1. Friday... Eli will be spending the day with his grandparents so I'll be using my free time to work on getting things better organized around the house. Having "mommy brain" is bad enough, but throw in complete disorganization and I feel like a lunatic!
2. Digging into the Ben & Jerry's Half Baked Fro Yo that's calling out to me from my freezer as soon as I'm finished blogging =)
Moments that made me smile:
1. Watching Eli get SUPER excited at the most random times. He gets the biggest, goofiest grin on his face and starts waving his hands around in a clapping sort of fashion and it makes me giggle every time. I would love to know what goes on in that little head of his.
2. I'm serving on a girls' retreat weekend in the fall and I was messaging back and forth with the awesome lady that is going to be the director for the weekend. The details she gave me regarding the theme, fit exactly as I had pictured them. I felt like God had been letting me in on his little secret, lol.
Some things I've discovered:
1. I use the word "wonderful" way too much. And that probably won't change because the word makes me feel cheery.
2. I love to buy healthy food and I actually really enjoy eating it. It's convincing myself that I like it that's the problem. Same goes for exercise.