I have decided that today I would start something new on my blog... Sincerely Sundays. An opportunity for you to have a weekly look into my crazy brain to know some of my random thoughts and what our family has been up to. You know... the stuff that the camera doesn't always catch.
6 things I am thankful for:
1. My God and my family who give me strength when times are tough.
2. Afternoon naps
3. The fact that I'm not perfect and it's OK
4. The sound of my son's laughter
5. The joy that fills my heart when I get the opportunity to catch up with old friends.
6. Having a husband that I can be silly and play with
"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.'" -Romans 8:15
Things I am praying for:
1. Cliff's work schedule. We are very thankful that he has work and what it could mean for our family in the long run, but I know he often feels overwhelmed with it all and is needing a break.
2. My pridefulness...
3. A new car. Not a brand new one, but one that is in better condition that the one I've been driving for the last 6 years.
4. That God would teach me how to be the mother he has created me to be for Elijah.
Things that made me smile this week:
1. Friday night I turned on one of my favorite albums and was singing and dancing around the house. Cliff started acting silly with me and even did an interpretive dance (it was more ridiculous than you can imagine) that had me rolling on the floor with laughter!!! I sure do love that boy.
2. A funny little story that I read on one of my favorite blogs, Not So Idle Hands, which you can read by clicking here. It makes me look forward to the years of motherhood that await me :)
3. Some Godly encouragement that I received from my wonderful brother-in-law-who-may-as-well-be-my-own-flesh-and-blood.
4. While changing one of Eli's delightful diapers (note the sarcasm) I was trying to keep him from squirming all over the place by showing him flash cards. I pulled out a new card with a picture of a chicken on it. After telling him what the picture was, he repeated chicken back to me. It was so clear and sounded so cute! I, being the proud mommy of my own baby einstein, verbalized my excitement by telling him how wonderful he is. For the last two days, he's been randomly saying "chicken" and it's just too cute. It really is the little things...
New favorite quotes:
Both are from this mornings sermon by Pastor Danny Hodges of Calvary Chapel St. Petersburg...
"I'm not striving for righteousness and neither should you... I'm striving from righteousness. I'm not trying to get to heaven... i'm already there.. my name is already written there... my citizenship is already secure."
"I obey, not because I am commanded, but because I am compelled"
Things I'm looking forward to:
Taking Eli back to the zoo when he's feeling better. I know he'll have so much fun! Also, having my mom join Eli and I at the park in the morning for our 4 mile walk/jog.
1. Eli's heart to share. Of course this involves him putting things in your mouth like his pacifier and food. In my husbands case, it's already chewed up and soggy bread.
2. The bike trail at Starkey Park.
3. Taking Eli for walks in his red wagon
4. The Picnik website. While it doesn't do everything that Photoshop does, it really is so much easier to use.
5. The song "Divine Romance" by Phil Wickham...