5 things I am thankful for:
1. Good friends
2. Knowing that I am loved
3. Cough syrup (As a kid, I NEVER thought I'd be saying that! lol)
4. Having such a happy child
5. The hope I have in Christ.
New favorite quote:
"So many people are looking to me to be strong and to fight but I'm just surviving. And I may be weak but I'm never defeated, and I'll keep believing in clouds with that sweet silver lining."
It's from the song "Sweet Silver Lining" by Kate Voegele. I feel like she was reading my heart when she wrote it...
Something I'm looking forward to:
Taking the youth kids from church bowling on Friday!
"O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise. You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." - Psalm 51:15-17
Moments that made me smile:
1. My husband, Cliff, leads worship at our small church on Sunday mornings. We had few people in attendance this morning, so we decided to keep things small and intimate... meaning my husband played unplugged and we all sat in a circle. My son absolutely LOVES my husbands guitar, so throughout worship, he would repeatedly reach over and place his hand on the guitar while his daddy played. It was adorable.
2. Hearing Cliff's boss talk about how highly he thinks of him and what his goals are for him within the company. It's good to know that all of his hard work will pay off. I am a very proud wife :)
Now I think I'll make it an early night right after a cup of hot tea. Cliff and I have the cold that Eli just got over and could definitely use some extra sleep. I hope you all have a beautiful week!