Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sincerely Sunday : Here's To New Beginnings

Things I'm thankful for:
1. All you can eat sushi, shrimp and crab legs.  Mainly the sushi.  I can't get enough of it these days.
2. Having a son with such a cheerful disposition.  He brightens my world :)
3. Florida's rain and lightning shows. 
Things I'm looking forward to:
1. Getting some of the crafts I have stored up in my head finished so that I can share them with you.
2. Sadly, today was our church's last service.  For those of you who are wondering, our old church's pastor (and our good friend) was called away from the ministry he was involved in at that church so that he could have more time to give towards his family and to follow God into the next season of life.  During that time, God laid it on our hearts (as well as the youth pastor and his family) to continue leading the people and giving them a place to fellowship until they found new church homes.  It has been a year since we made that decision, and today was our last Sunday before moving on to new things.  We enjoyed worshipping together and sharing some yummy lunch with the people who have become family.  As sad as it to know I won't be seeing the people I've been serving with for many years this Sunday, I know that we'll still see them and I'm really looking forward to the new things God has in store for us :)
Things that made me smile this week:
1. My friend Janine found some windows from the 1920s on Craigslist for a steal and was kind enough to share some of her finds with me.  I can't wait to see what I can create with them!
2. Cliff had to work, but I went fishing with his dad and brother all day yesterday.  I had a great time and the fact that I am so blessed to have married into a family that I want to spend time with and love as much as my own is definitely smile worthy.
3. Finding some of my really old cds.  Music brings back a flood of memories :)
Current like:
Sleep
Current dislike:
The fact that I haven't been getting enough of it
Favorite blog post I came across this week:
Today's post from I Am Momma Hear Me Roar called Looking Forward gave me something to read that I really felt I could relate to.  Her Sunshine Sunday posts are always great.  I love seeing people who are genuinely thankful for the things they have been given.
Scripture Verses:
"And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up.  And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven." -James 5:15

2 comments:

  1. What's the new step for you guys as far as church???

    <3 Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heading down to Calvary Chapel Palm Harbor :)

    ReplyDelete