Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Days Like These

Elijah and I awoke this morning to dreary weather, which did not support our plans for play group at the pool.  So we started the morning with some of the little man's summery favorites.... fresh blueberries and waffles with blueberry syrup...
We quickly got dressed (and fixed our bed head) and met Grammie at the local gymnastics center's open gym.  Eli had a blast climbing and exploring...
We decided to continue keeping busy after gym was closed and headed to the mall where Eli played on the playground and experienced food court rides for the first time...
He loved playing in the cars!  Once finished there, I took my worn out little boy home for a nap.  Auntie Britt came over while Eli slept to give me a chance to cast my vote for the primary elections.  Eli was very happy to wake up to his wonderful Auntie.  They read books...
... and went for rides in Mommy's clothes hamper...
The evening brought a stroll through Petsmart (complete with Eli kisses for a sweet dalmatian puppy) and a free kids meal at Chick-Fil-A.  We were even blessed with a break from the rain that lasted just long enough for me to pull my smiley boy around the neighborhood in his little red wagon.  The cool breezes were so refreshing!  
Now the day is coming to a close and it's time to get my favorite little guy into the bathtub and bed before enjoying some much-needed quiet time.  I love that it's the days that start out seeming so uneventful that often end up being the best days.  I cherish days like these.  Days when I just can't get enough of my sweet son's smiles.  Days that I wish would never end.  Days that remind me just how amazing God truly is.

1 comment:

  1. We missed our buddies yesterday! :-(
    But it looks like you guys had an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete