Things I'm thankful for:
1. My son's goofy expressions that have brought me so much laughter.
2. The hope I have in Jesus Christ.
4. Swimming pools on hot summer days.
5. Air conditioning.
Things I'm looking forward to:
1. Swimming tomorrow (and Thursday). Swimming seems to be the only outdoor play option (unless we want to be sweaty and miserable) and Eli and I both prefer getting out of the house. Plus, my butt needs the exercise, lol.
2. Play group. It's been several weeks since we've attended our regular play group and it will be so good to see our friends!
Things that made me smile this week:
1. We went to a new church this morning. It was the first time in many years that I wasn't leading anyone or responsible for anything. If felt strange to just "be" and not "do". I know it won't be long before I'm ready to jump back in to do whatever God wills, but for now I'm enjoying just resting in Him. And, there wasn't a nursery at our last church. It was really nice to be able to sit and enjoy the service.
2. I know it's nothing new, but Elijah. He's so excited about everything (he has his mother's enthusiasm) and his expressions and reactions are so funny! That child brings me so much joy :)
3. I bought a pair of American Eagle shorts this week and was expecting to pay almost full price for them (the discount they displayed wasn't much of one). When I got to the cash register, they ended up being less than I expected AND I found a coupon for 15% off in my purse. I ended up getting over 50% off the original price. Score!
4. After running into some unexpected problems, I can finally say that our master shower is finally working and our broken threshold under the front door is no longer broken! Big thanks to my daddy and hubby! :)
Baskets and Barn stars
Laminate furniture (It's so much harder to play with!)
Favorite blog post I came across this week:
Donna from Funky Junk Interiors is constantly blowing me away with her ideas! I love her style and when I saw her Painted wooden crate stairs, I instantly fell in love. Now if I only had a staircase...
"For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there in the midst of them." - Matthew 18:20