Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sincerely Sunday : A Busy Life Of Love

Things I'm thankful for:
1. Those special days when Cliff and I get to sleep in.  Which leads us to number two...
2. Grandparents.
3. Forgiveness... both for the peace it brings when I've given it, and the grace that's shown to me when I receive it.
4. Good worship music.
5. Girls night out! :)


Something I'm looking forward to:
Being able to take a shower in our new old shower :)  We're still waiting for some stuff to set, but it should be usable in the next few days.  And it looks beautiful!


Favorite Quote:
It's a long one, but it's so great.  It comes from a book I just started reading called "Crazy Love, Overwhelmed By A Relentless God" by Francis Chan...
"What if I said, 'Stop praying"?  What if I told you to stop talking at God for a while, but instead to take a long, hard look at Him before you speak another word?  Solomon warned us not to rush into God's presence with words.  That's what fools do.  And often, that's what we do.
We are a culture that relies on technology over community, a society in which spoken and written words are cheap, easy to come by, and excessive.  We are slow to listen, quick to speak, and quick to become angry.
The wise man comes to God without saying a word and stands in awe of Him.  It may seem a hopeless endeavor, to gaze at the invisible God.  But Romans 1:20 tells us that through creation, we see His 'invisible qualities' and 'divine nature.'"
... and that's just the first page :)


Things that made me smile:
1. Having dinner tonight with some of the other mommies from play group.  Without the kiddos.  Our husbands are the best :)
2. Having Eli crawl into my lap and tell me that my necklace is pretty. I am so proud of him and all the words he's learning to use and understand.
3.  Enjoying sushi and a movie with Cliff this weekend.  Date nights don't happen nearly enough!
4. Tickle fights with my boy.  Although this will cease to be fun as soon as he learns to tickle back...
5. Being reminded that some friendships, true friendships, really do last forever.  


Current like:
Florida's rainstorms


Current dislike:
Florida's humidity


Favorite blog post I came across this week:
It's from my beautiful friend Janine's Blog, Always Sunny On Reynolds Drive.  A Side of Catch Up filled us in on the recent happenings of her adorable household (including a vacation, the beginnings of a family room redo, and some gorgeous decorative windows she picked up for a steal!) and her writing style is always refreshing.


Scripture Verse:
"Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind.'  This is the first and great commandment.  And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'"  - Matthew 22:37-39

No comments:

Post a Comment