Things I'm thankful for:
1. Getting so much done around the house. It's amazing how getting things clean and organized can bring so much peace to my life.
2. My cell phone. I don't know how we managed before they existed...
3. New possibilities.
Things I'm looking forward to:
1. Getting the shower and toilet fixed in our master bathroom. They've been out of order for far too long and I'm looking forward having them.
2. I was asked to head up a section of a young women's retreat that's coming up in November and we have our first meeting this week to go over the details. I'm so excited!
3. Going swimming with Eli and a friend I haven't seen in months.
(It's going to be a busy week!)
"Here is the church and here is the steeple, we sure are cute for two ugly people, I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else, but you." - Anyone Else But You (Song from Juno)
Things that made me smile this week:
1. Getting the best pedicure I've ever had with a great friend of mine.
2. Having my sister over to watch movies
3. A few of those blonde moments that popped up. They're usually embarrassing, but entertaining nonetheless.
Low-fat cottage cheese
Long hair. I don't plan on chopping it anytime soon, but it's sooooo hot and a lot of work.
Something I've realized:
When I go through a day without blogging, I always feel guilty. It's just the kind of person I am. If I commit to something, I stick to it. If I don't, I beat myself up over it. But I started to think about it... and I've decided not to feel bad anymore, lol. Sorry folks... family comes first. If I don't blog... it's not because I don't love you. It's because I've been so busy keeping up with a mess of a house, a busy toddler, and the rest of my wonderful family on top of the other random things that life throws my way.
Favorite blog post I came across:
It's a little different from my usual reads. My husband sent it to me from a blog that he follows called lifehacker about purging your space. Good read...
"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." -1 Peter 5:6-7