Friday, March 26, 2010

One Happy Momma

I just cannot get enough of my adorable son! I was sure today was going to be hectic, with Eli (and myself) not getting enough sleep and me having to rush off for an early doctor appointment (nothing major... just the standard check-up sort). To my surprise, he toughed out an entire day of running around.... Dr. appointment in Spring Hill, lunch with Daddy and our friends Rick & Carolyn in Tampa, and then Walmart... and he did it all with smiles =)

I usually dread those Walmart trips... especially when they're late in the day. I had photos to drop off first, then we headed straight to the baby aisle to get some of Eli's favorite snacks... Gerber's Lil' Crunchies. I browsed while he munched. We had SO MUCH FUN!!! Since we had an hour to kill until our pictures were ready, we spent some time looking at the children's books. It amazes me how much he soaks in. He understands so many words these days and is always eager to point out objects to me. He is 13 months old and can point out the following:

(we're still working on Grandma and Grammie... although he seems to get it some of the time)
Night Night (Cliff taught him this.... I tried teaching him bed)
Froggie (his humidifier)
Bug (shelf decoration)
Monkey (stuffed animal)
Teddy Bear
Tick Tock (The word my dad taught him for clock *sigh*)
Dusty (Cliff's parents dog)
Deer (Head mounted on Cliff's parents wall, lol)
Papa's Truck

There may be more (he is constantly surprising me with what all he knows) but that's all I can think of at the moment. I am so proud of him =)

Anyway... back to my Walmart story. After perusing the books, we found his favorite.... the balls!!! "Ball" has become one of his favorite words to say and he pointed out every one he saw. We had the cart full of them and he sent me chasing them down the aisles. He would push one out of the cart, I'd go after it with some silly spin and sound effect, and he would just laugh hysterically! Who knew Walmart could be so fun?!

When we got home (with a ball of his choice) we played and cuddled and watched a movie together until Daddy got home. Then it was dinner, more playtime with Daddy, bath and then bed.

I've spent the last couple of hours finishing up a project I've been working on. Will post pictures tomorrow (which means you'll just have to come back... muah ha ha ha ;0)

Now I'm off to spend some time with my wonderful husband. Lucky me!!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment