Sunday, March 21, 2010

Break This Big Old Heart

With dull grey skies and the calming sound of rain falling, today was definitely a day I did not want to get out of bed. Especially since all of us are battling colds. But nevertheless, I was out of bed early to get myself and my boys ready for church. After all these years of knowing my husband, I had the opportunity to listen to him formally teach for the first time during this morning's service. I couldn't help but be the proud, admiring wife. There's something very attractive about a man that knows the word of God :)

We enjoyed a relaxing and incredibly lazy afternoon, complete with food I love but should not be eating. I even got a nice, long nap with Eli and Cliff, followed by some cuddles from my smiley little bug...


He makes my heart feel so big!

I've had the song "Hosanna" by Hillsong stuck in my head for over a week now:

"Heal my heart and make it clean.. open up my eyes to the things unseen... show me how to love like You have loved me... break my heart for what breaks Yours... everything I am for Your kingdom's cause... as I walk from earth into eternity."

Every time I hear that part of the song, it speaks powerfully to me. Lately I keep feeling like God is preparing me for something... what it is I'm not sure yet, but I'm excited to see what He has in store!


No comments:

Post a Comment