Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fun With Friends And Photos

Today Eli and I got to go to his friend Lennon's first birthday party. Elijah had a great time being outside and playing with all the other toddlers and I had a blast just watching.

Eli, always wanting to be a good helper, decided to help out in opening his little buddy's presents...

On a hot day, there's nothing better than splashing around in cool water! Here's my little man and the birthday boy...


As I mentioned yesterday, I've been working on a project and I am dying to share it with you! Besides giving Lennon an adorable wooden block train, I also made him his own personalized ABC book using photos that I snagged from his parents' facebook and blog pages ;0)


Here are a few of my favorite pages:



It makes a great little gift because it is personal, educational, and it will help keep Lennon familiar with the faces he doesn't get to see very often. It was a huge hit! But I can't take all the credit... as much as I would love to tell you that I was the creative one that thought this up, it was actually the ever-so-talented Cheri from I am Momma Hear me Roar that came up with this genius idea.







5 comments:

  1. Awwww! You did FABULOUS job! Thanks for sharing the link. It totally makes my day. Great work! Glad it was a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book was definitely a hit! I really had to hold back the happy tears! I love it. It is so special, and you are right - it will keep him familiar with his near AND far family and friends :-) You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Danielle, Thanks for the mustache crayon link! How funny! Those are SO cool! Also, I wanted to let you know I'm featuring your ABC book tomorrow in my link up. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Saw Cheri's and now yours, I think I may be making this for my daughter's first birthday. Where can I find this mustache crayon? Sounds hilarious!

    Following you, love your blog!
    -Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Ann! The crayons are great! If you go to Etsy.com and search for mustache crayons, there are several sellers.

    The ABC book was so much fun to make and picnik.com makes it so easy! The book came up in conversation today during Eli's play group and some of the other moms were discussing other things you could do with it... number books, etc. Good luck with yours! =)

    ReplyDelete