Friday, February 18, 2011

Birthday Bliss... Two Years Of Big Smiles And Happy Hearts

Today was the beginning of what is expected to be a great weekend.  And for good reasons.  Aside from the fact that yours truly will soon be celebrating her 25th birthday, today held a special significance.  Today was a day of thanksgiving.  A day of reflection.  A day of love.  A day of pure joy.  Because on this day 2 years ago, God blessed this world with the life of my precious son.

The day was filled with quality time with grandparents, soaking up some sunshine, cuddling on the couch while watching Eli's favorite shows, and of course... eating plenty of cake!


My heart melted as my growing boy's eyes lit up to "Happy Birthday" songs.  He didn't hesitate to dive face-first into his own special cake.

Following tradition, dessert lead to opening a few presents and play time...

 
Tomorrow, the festivities will continue as we meet up with family and friends at the park.  With all the excitement, I just couldn't resist a little crafting to make the day extra-special...


Thomas Elijah Pruitt... thank you for making the last two years so incredible.  Your laugh, your smile, and your love melt my heart over and over again.  And just when I think I can't possibly love you any more... you find a way to make it happen.  You make this world a happier place.  I love you more than you will ever know...  happy birthday Bug!

-Danielle Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment