Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My New Old Tank

After seeing Cheri's adorable paisley tee on I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar, I decided to make my own stamped shirt from an empire-waisted tank I had laying around and a couple of stamps I bought at Michaels.

First, I turned the shirt so that the design could wrap around part of the side. Then I placed freezer paper inside to keep the paint from bleeding through.

Next, I squeezed some fabric paint onto my stamp....

...and blended the colors (black and white) with a paint brush to make different shades of gray. I purposely left some of the stamp bare to give it the unfinished, messy look.

Then I stamped the shirt =)

After stamping the designs on the shirt, I used the tip of a thick, coarse paint brush to add some red paint.

The last step is always the hardest part... waiting for it to dry before you try it on! I'm impatient and used a hair dryer to speed up the process. This is such a fun way to make an old top into something new to love!

And, if you feel like being a little geeky, you can talk your sister into taking a photo of you wearing your new love =)


No comments:

Post a Comment