Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Little Booger's Got Style

Maybe it's just me, but it always seems so difficult to find cute clothing for boys. Especially cute clothing that is affordable! So, I've started making my own. After my dear friend Janine posted the cute shirts she made using iron-on transfers, I decided to give it a shot...

This was incredibly easy to do! The stitching can be a little time consuming, but doesn't require much thought (at least not if you go for the messy look like I do). I stitched this while the hubby and I watched a few episodes of Bones :)

And... between Google images and Picnik.com (Ok, and I like to use the tiny bit of knowledge I have in Photoshop) the options in what you can create are endless!

Here's a list of everything you'll need:
T-shirt ($3.50 at Walmart)
Iron-on transfers (I recommend Avery's transfers for dark clothing. $15.00 for 5 pk. at Staples)
Embroidery floss ($.99 at JoAnn's)
Iron
Pillowcase or other thin, cotton fabric
Inkjet printer
Needle
Some creativity

Let me know if you decide to give this a try... I'd love to see your creations!

4 comments:

  1. the shirt is cute...but HE is ADORABLE!!!!!! xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! You did a great job on the image, but I think the stitching is what really makes it. Love how you carried the stitching over onto the shoulders as well. So cute!

    ReplyDelete