Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sincerely Sunday : Loving In Deed and Truth

Things I'm thankful for:
1. The Steelers winning tonight's game.
2. The people who surprise you.
3. That my God loves me so deeply and knows exactly what I need... much more than I do.
4. Being a Floridian. The weather has been so beautiful lately and I just can't imagine living in all the snow up north!  Brrrr!
5. Good company.

Things I'm looking forward to:
1. My good friend Janine just joined my gym and is meeting me there tomorrow.  I'm very excited about having an accountability partner.
2. Church on Wednesday.  I missed church this morning and was in the nursery last Wednesday.  Looking forward to some great worship time and seeing good friends.

Things that made me smile this week:
1. Some of the things Eli is saying now is just so funny!  Hearing his little excited voice say things like, "Whoa, cool!" just makes my day.
2.  A sweet friend sent me flowers very unexpectedly.

Current like:
Having my iPhone 3G, which I inherited from my husband after he bought the iPhone 4.  I've never been one to care about having new gadgets, and for the most part, I just want a phone to make calls and text... but it has been nice to have the video camera always in my pocket to catch those special moments with Elijah. 

Current dislike:
There were a few days last week when I wasn't feeling so good and I slacked off with my housework.  Playing catch-up is never fun.

Current struggle:
Clenching my teeth.  I can't control it and it keeps resulting in headaches.

Scripture Verse:
"My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and truth." -1 John 3:18

Favorite quote:
"(I do not know what it is about you that closes and opens; only something in me understands the voice of your eyes is deeper than all the roses) nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands." -E. E. Cummings 

No comments:

Post a Comment