Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sincerely Sunday : Espresso For The Crazy Folks

Things I'm Thankful For:
1. My new espresso machine.  While I do think my husband has created a serious caffeine addict with his thoughtful gift, it has been delightful and is saving our bank account from numerous trips to Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts.
2. Good health.  For several weeks, our home battled colds, the flu and bronchitis.  Watching my little darling cough so hard and seeing the sickness in his eyes from his fever broke my heart.  I know I'm not the only mother that struggles with feeling so helpless during those times.  The house was a complete wreck as it took every ounce of energy I had to take care of my boys (and myself).  Having things back to normal is such a relief!
3. Fresh starts.
4. The living word of God.  I am constantly amazed by the fact that I can read the same scripture over and over, and each time, the Lord has something new to teach me through it.
5. Comfy, cozy slippers.

Things I'm Looking Forward To:
1. On Tuesday, our playgroup is changing our usual morning routine and heading over to the Glazier Children's Museum in the afternoon - For FREE!!! :)
2. Date night with the hubster on Friday.
3. Enjoying a bon fire with both sets of parents (and hopefully siblings too) on Saturday night.

Things That Made Me Smile This Week:
1. Spending a hysterical evening bringing in the new year with good friends.
2. I know I already mentioned it in yesterday's post, but hearing Elijah's sweet little voice say "I love you" before I got to it definitely made me smile :)
3. The innumerable silly moments I've had with my husband this week.  I love being married to someone I can play with!

Favorite Quote:
It's not actually a simple quote, but a conversation between Cliff and I...
Me: "My legs really hurt."
Cliff: "How about you stop whining?  I've already had to listen to Eli go on for like three hours tonight."
Me: *Fake cries*
Cliff: "At this point, I'm not even sure why I married you."
(LOL.... That boy sure knows how to make me smile!)

Current Like:
Homemade lattes

Current Dislike:
Homemade messes ;)

Scripture Verse:
"For whatever is born of God overcomes the world.  And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith.  Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?" -1 John 5:4-5








2 comments:

  1. Would you mind if I stole this "template" for my own blog? I think I would benefit from reflecting on things I'm thankful for and things I'm looking forward to :)

    ReplyDelete