Things I am thankful for:
1. The relationships that I am building with the other young moms at our new church home. It's refreshing to meet other women that are in the same place in life that I am in.
2. The unique opportunities that my son will get to experience in his lifetime. I've been realizing lately that between Cliff's family and my own, Eli has so much at his fingertips. My dad has a lot to teach him about gardening (and Eli LOVES watering the plants with his Papa!) and is a bee keeper. My parents also have a good, healthy appreciation for football. Cliff's parents always have odd animals for Eli to play with. Right now, they have a young deer that hangs around and will come right up to you looking for food and licking you like crazy. It's so much fun to watch my son interact with him! My husband's family would be happy to live on the boat, fishing full time and are eager to teach Elijah everything there is to know about the sea (and from what I can tell, the ocean already holds a very special interest with my little man). His uncle Matt can't wait to get him on a surf board. Then there's my husband with years of experience as an artist and musician. I cannot wait to see what Eli's interests will be!
3. Our new air conditioner (which should be saving us about $100 a month on our electric bill!) and the way God provided for it :)
4. Pumpkin spice lattes
5. Quiet evenings at home
Things I am looking forward to:
1. I previously purchased a season pass to our local zoo. This month it is also good for the Florida Aquarium. Tomorrow, Eli and I will be going to see the fishies with my long-time friend Amanda and her daughter.
2. Thursday night we'll be joining the family at Cliff's aunt's house to celebrate the birthdays of Cliff's father and great aunt. I am so blessed to have married into such an amazing family and I cherish time spent with them.
3. Saturday morning, Cliff and I are heading out for our first cruise!!! We'll be spending 5 days at sea, visiting Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Part of me is nervous... Eli will be staying with his grandparents while we're gone. Not that I worry about him being with them at all... I've just never been away from my baby that long and I know that I'll be missing him. But I am definitely looking forward to having some time away with just me and my wonderful husband! Woo hoo!!!!
Things that made me smile this week:
1. When I was a little girl, I loved spending time coloring with my mommy. This week we introduced Eli to crayons. I've been spending a lot of time coloring with him and it makes my heart smile every time :)
2. For some reason, I woke up feeling very motivated on Wednesday. Coincidentally, my mom watches Elijah for a few hours on Wednesday mornings. This combination allowed me to get a ton of cleaning done around the house!
3. The fall-ish weather that we've had the joy of experiencing this week.
"Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die." -My sister
The beginning of fall and the anticipation of the upcoming holidays!
The stress I have in knowing that the holidays are right around the corner! lol. I have so much to do in the next couple of months!
Favorite blog post I came across:
Roots & Wings shared her delicious-looking Pumpkin Pie Spiced Pumpkins recipe. I cannot wait to try it myself!
"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." -2 Chronicles 7:14