Thursday, September 16, 2010

Loofah! Loofah!

This morning Eli and I were blessed with a tasty breakfast and some quality time with my wonderful parents.  Sadly, I only had my camera phone but it's better than no camera at all, right?  Right.


After breakfast, we headed back to my parents' house.  It's nice to do things outside of your own home, ya know?  Papa and Eli had lots of fun playing with trucks and trains...
Later, we went out to my dad's garden to see what was new.  As I've mentioned in previous posts, my dad has quite the green thumb (something I do not posess).
Have you ever seen where loofahs come from?  I hadn't either.  Maybe it's just the nerd in me, but I found it very interesting!  They grow on vines and start out looking something like this...
You know they're ready to be picked from the vine when they're all brown...
First, you break off one of the ends and shake all the seeds out...
They have a lot of seeds.  Next, you start peeling off the outer shell...
Until you're left with this...
Cool, huh?  For some reason, I never thought of loofahs as growing on vines.  I want to live on a loofah farm.  It's just a fun word to say... looofaaaahhhh.  Moving on, lol.

And of course, a big thanks goes out to those hard-working girls that make all that gardening stuff possible...


:)
Now it's time to go cut up some freshly baked brownies and take them over to my former co-workers for a bit of afternoon cheer.  This life sure is a busy one, but I wouldn't trade a moment of it!

1 comment:

  1. Misuer....I have to Loofah!!! :)
    We had a beautiful day with the two of you!!! xxooxx

    ReplyDelete